My life’s mission is to be of benefit to the healing and well-being of individuals, families, and communities seeking to grow, through skillful attendance, education, empathy, and love.
I hold a Masters Degree in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology from Naropa University and am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Colorado. With many years working in the public and private sectors, I have extensive experience working with youth families, and building relations with therapeutic providers and programs nationally. I am committed to exceptional clinical work and ethical practices. With deep regard for each of us and our potential for profound change, guiding individuals and families to transform and grow towards greater health and connection is my goal. I am inspired again and again by our inherent ability as humans to overcome blocks and negative patterns when we learn to meet them with vulnerability, awareness, and intention.
I maintain ongoing development in the following areas:
- Family Therapy Models and Techniques, Attachment Focused Family Therapy, Reunification and Preservation, Various and Diverse Parenting Models and Practices, Prenatal, Child & Adolescent Developmental, Emerging Adulthood Issues and Coaching Methods
- Neuropsychology/Neurobiological Applications in Attachment and Trauma Therapy
- Trauma Focused & Trauma Sensitive Models and Practices, Complex Stress Disorders - Research, Theories, and Applications, Intergenerational Treatment of Trauma and Attachment Disorders
- Integrative Practices such as Hypnotherapy, Gestalt Therapy, Somatic Reprocessing, Internal Family Systems, and Psychodrama
- Knowledge of local and national private Mental Health Industry Professionals, Programs, and Practices
I have experience working with youth and families to heal around various topics, including:
Relational Trauma, Sexual Abuse and Reactivity, Physical Abuse, Emotional/Verbal and Domestic Abuse, Neglect, Acute and Developmental PTSD, Neurodiversity, Adoption, Mood Regulation Dis-orders, Attachment Dis-orders, Self-Esteem, Identity Development, LGBTQ Issues, Communication Skill Building, Social/Emotional/Character Development, Body Image and Dysmorphic Dis-orders, Anxiety & Depression, Self-Harm, Dissociation, Substance Abuse, Process Addictions, Emerging Personality Disorders, Transitioning to Independent Living, Learning Disabilities and Educational Alternatives, Adult Attachment, Co-Parenting, Intergenerational issues, Multi-Cultural issues, Psychopharmacology, and many, many more...
And a bit more personal ~
I am mother on the journey of raising a healthy and well adjusted (now) adult. We have had a lot to learn and work through ourselves. As a result, I offer warmth, camaraderie, honesty, and compassion for the struggles that lead a family to seek treatment and for the journey of healing. My style of partnering alongside youth and families serves as a powerful foundation for my clients as we move through any therapeutic process.
I love nature. I am at home in the pines and rocks. When I am not working, I spend time hiking with my dog, growing food, dancing, practicing yoga and mindfulness, spending precious time with family and friends, and learning... always learning.
May You Always Find the Support You Seek.