My life’s mission is to be of benefit to the well-being and lifetime success of individuals, families, and communities through skillful attendance, education, empathy, and love.
I hold a Masters Degree in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology from Naropa University and am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Colorado. With many years working in the public and private sectors, I have extensive experience providing youth & family therapeutic services, interventions, and intensive case management. I have also provided clinical supervision to up and coming therapists, as well as assisted in professional development and training for intensive family and youth programming.
With deep regard for the outcomes of skilled therapy and in each of our potential for profound change, guiding individuals and families to transform and grow towards greater health and connection is my primary goal. I am inspired again and again by our inherent ability to overcome psychological blocks and negative patterns when we meet them with vulnerability, awareness, and intention.
I maintain ongoing development in the following areas:
- Family Therapy Models and Techniques, Attachment Focused Family Therapy, Reunification and Preservation, Various and Diverse Parenting Models and Practices, Prenatal, Child & Adolescent Developmental, Emerging Adulthood Issues and Coaching Methods
- Neuropsychology/Neurobiology Applications in Attachment Therapy
- Trauma Focused & Trauma Sensitive Models and Practices, Complex Stress Disorders - Research, Theories, and Applications, Intergenerational Treatment of Trauma and Attachment Disorders
- Integrative, Intrapsychic Parts Work, Gestalt, Internal Family Systems, and Internal Constellations
- Knowledge of local and national Private Mental Health Industry Professionals, Programs, and Practices
I have experience working with youth and families to heal around various topics, including:
Relational Trauma, Sexual Abuse, Physical Abuse, Emotional/Verbal and Domestic Abuse, Neglect, Acute and Developmental PTSD, Adoption, Emotional Regulation Dis-orders, Attachment Dis-orders, Self-Esteem, Identity Development, LGBTQ Issues, Communication Skill Building, Social/Emotional/Character Development, Body Image and Dysmorphic Dis-orders, Sexual Reactivity, Mood Dis-orders, Anxiety & Depression, Self-Harm, Dissociation, Substance Abuse, Process Addictions, Emerging Personality Disorders, Autism Spectrum Dis-orders, Transitioning to Independent Living, Learning Disabilities and Educational Alternatives, Adult Attachment, Co-Parenting, Intergenerational issues, Multi-Cultural issues, Psychopharmacology, and many, many more...
AND A BIT MORE PERSONAL
As a mother, I continue to journey the developmental path of raising a child (we are currently in young adulthood). As a result, I seek to always offer warmth, camaraderie, honesty, and compassion for the struggles that lead a family to seek treatment. My style of partnering with and alongside youth and families serves as a powerful foundation as we move through any therapeutic process.
& I love nature. I am at home in the trees. When I am not working, I spend my time hiking with my dogs, growing food, dancing, practicing yoga and mindfulness, spending precious time with family and friends, and learning... always learning. May You Always Find the Support You Seek. Many Blessings, Kimberly